Re: help please...

From: <tjmxyz_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 13:55:42 GMT

  1. I assume you are using NT. You need to create an NT user with the same name as your oracle user. This user need the privilage logon as a batch job.

2.You need to set the property
remote_login_passwordfile = exclusive

Then login as internal and
grant sysdba to user_name;

This should not be neccessary ...

This is all outlined in the documentation http:\\technet.oracle.com

Try the Oracle 8 Administration-backup and Recover Section.

In article <7obdbh$5bp$1_at_news.netvision.net.il>,   "Ellan David" <elland_at_taldor.co.il> wrote:
> Hi
> I have two questions:
>
> 1. when I try to make hot backup (through backup manager) I get the
error
> message : Failed to authenticate user
> and I am logged on as internal sysdba !!!!
>
> 2. how do I grant a user the option to log as sysdba ?????
>
> thank you
> Ilan D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Aug 05 1999 - 08:55:42 CDT