Re: help please...

From: Tapan Trivedi <tapan.trivedi_at_abbnm.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 09:42:39 -0500

I am assuming that you are on NT.
In order for the agent to execute jobs on a managed node, you must specify valid credentials in the Console.

To set the preferred credentials, perform the following steps:

   1.In the Oracle Enterprise Manager console, select File/Preferences for the services on the machine where the Intelligent Agent is installed

   2.Specify the user account that you created as the user preference for the node where the agent is installed by highlighting that node name and entering the account name and password. For NT users, you must set the preferred credentials for the node (where the NT Agent resides) to be the same as the user that is set up to "Logon as a batch job." The Agent authenticates the user name and password for all owners of jobs that it runs. If you have not set the preferences correctly, the "Failed to authenticate user" error occurs when you submit a job.