Re: Oracle 7 and 8 on same nt server

From: <czekala_at_real.pl>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 11:02:21 GMT

Yes, I have such experience. I have two servers with both Oracle 7.3.4 and 8.0.5. It works properly. But it is recommendated to have different homes (there are some problems with the same home). With two homes (ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE8_HOME) I have two listeners LISTENER running on port 1521 and LISTENER8 running on port 1526 (I'm not using Oracle Names ). Also tnsnames has proper ports. It is working without problems.

Regards

Rafal Czekala (czekala_at_real.pl)
Oracle DBA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Aug 05 1999 - 06:02:21 CDT