Finance IS based on EJB

From: <nicola_at_nettaxi.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 07:52:29 GMT

We are an Italian bank with an old Information System no more adapted to support our growth.

We are going to review or completely rebuild our IS using a Java multi-tier
architecture and in particular we are very interested in EJB technology; we have experience on Java,RMI,jsp and multi-tier applications having used
them in some little projects.

We will start on September, so we are going to take a fast decision about
the architecture and the technology; we want to terminate the project for the end of 2001.

Our choice on EJB is based on the facilities it gives on managing transactionality, security, ecc..

Our doubts on EJB are:

  1. Is this technology sufficiently stable to start such a large project based on EJB? Do you think that the specifications will change so often?
  2. What about views and joins of different Entity EJBs, how can be performed efficiently? I saw a solution from Oracle Business Components for Java (http://technet.oracle.com).
  3. Do you know if someone else has made something similar, I mean a Finance IS, or however a big IS?
  4. Do you know if there are some CASEs to develop with this technology?
  5. And Frameworks on EJB for a banking, finance environment?

n-th) Sincerely, do you think that we are completely crazy??

Thanks for every answer,

Nicola Vota,
PierNicola Pizzato

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Aug 04 1999 - 02:52:29 CDT