Oracle 8i w/ RedHat 6.0(Install)

From: ghandi <xghandi_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 16:59:56 GMT

I am running a RedHat 6.0 server and trying to install Oracle 8i. However, I am constantly running into problems.

(1) The install *always* crashes as it approaches the end. I think this
occurs at about 99 or 100% complete on the status bar(when copying files)

(2) 4 - 6 of the libraries that get copied in the install are bad. They
wind up empty.

(3) dbassist never works. Either the JavaVM cannot initialize, or, when
it does, it complains about not being able to find NLS's

I have updated enlightenment with the fix from RedHat, and I am using JRE 1.1.6v5. To anyone who has successfully installed this version of Oracle on a RedHat 6.0 system, please, tell me how you did it! I feel like I'm doing something really dumb, and/or missing something really obvious. If more information is needed about the errors, I'll run the install again, and get back with the exact problems...

Thanks!
 (-Fritz Heckel)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Aug 03 1999 - 11:59:56 CDT