Dyn Method 4, Pro*C, Stored Procedures, Host Arrays

From: Ken Tough <ken_at_objectech.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 13:59:36 +0100

All the online doc we have mentions in lots of places:

Warning: In dynamic SQL Method 4, you cannot bind a host array to

         a PL/SQL procedure with a parameter of type "table."

So does that mean it is not possible to pass/return an array of data using SQL Method 4? Are there other parameter types which can be declared in PL/SQL (other than 'table') which -can- be bound to host arrays?

Is there any difference between Oracle 7.3.x and Oracle 8.0.5 in this regard?

I'd prefer to stay with Pro*C for some reason, than move to OCI at this point.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
--
Ken Tough Received on Tue Aug 03 1999 - 07:59:36 CDT