Q: eXt. Procs. - callbacks

From: huh <huhhy_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 12:38:04 +0200

Hi,

I would like to know more about eXternal Procedures. I'm mainly interested in XPs which are able to manipulate data in ORACLE using SQL interface - callbacks.

My XP's C prototype have to contain additional CONTEXT param (for OCI calls it is of OCIExtProcContext datatype).

Are XP callbacks supported by ODBC? (PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T SAY: NOPE) If so, what is the ODBC counterpart to ::OCIExtProcGetEnv function? Or is it possible either to convert ::OCIExtProcGetEnv's output params to ODBC handles (henv, hdbc) or build (somehow) an ODBC connection string?

TIA --
Thank you for keeping >anti-spam< habit: not including my address in your reply. Received on Tue Aug 03 1999 - 05:38:04 CDT