Re: [Q] tuning with memory?

From: Bob Fazio <bob_fazio_at_hotmail.com.no.spam>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 05:25:47 GMT

If you are truely I/O bound, which it sounds as though you are, I would consider adding more controllers and disks. Then stripe and mirror (make sure you use multiple controllers) on the tablespaces that get the majority of the updates. Raid 5 can be a real pain if the tables get large, due to the indexes that need to be updated along with the data. You might also look into partitioning as an option, it can cut down on the depth of you indexes dramatically.

--
Bob Fazio
Remove no.spam from my email to reply