Re: Removing the Archived logs question

From: Bob Fazio <bob_fazio_at_hotmail.com.no.spam>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 05:14:46 GMT

You only need the archive logs if you might need to restore to a point earlier than the cold backup.

If you don't have that need, then you can also delete the archive logs that are before your hot backups also. This is assuming that you are doing a full hot backup.

Just a note, if you are using 8.0 and greater, use rman. It actually will create a report that can be used to delete those files that you really don't need to recover.