Re: Sun solaris x86 version

From: R. Nightingale <nighr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 18:47:17 -0500

The question was reasonable, and the answer was short. Platform support is an ongoing problem with software vendors, developers, DBAs, et. al. Before I found http://platforms.oracle.com I was bothering the heck out of my sales rep who had better things to do with her time.

Do you have many Solaris on Intel servers? I'm getting pretty good results with Oracle8 on Windows NT Server. I'm always interested to see the performance of different OSes running the same version of Oracle.

--rn.