INSERT with UNION query !!

From: <rich_fletcher_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 11:59:22 GMT

Get this ...

Time taken to retrieve SELECT statement : 9 mins Time taken to finish CREATE TABLE
.. AS same SELECT statement : 9 mins

Time taken to INSERT INTO
.. same SELECT statement : not returning to me at
all !!

The returning rows are only 271 !!

The statement building these rows incorporates a UNION of three tables ... each union statement is bringing roughly 230-240 rows each into the final subset. Each of the 3 tables is being grouped by twice for necessary business reasons ...

Each EXPLAIN PLAN is identical in structure apart from the final SELECT/CREATE/INSERT row.

Quite possible, the database (ora8) is not following the same plan ?

I have even tried to INSERT data into a TEMPORARY table where the table has no indexes ... no triggers ... no nothing and the command still does not return !!

Please advise ... anyone.

Cheers
Richard

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Aug 03 1999 - 06:59:22 CDT