segment violation and bus error

From: eric.indiogine <eric.indiogine_at_mciworld.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 01:32:07 GMT

Just installed Oracle 7.2 on Solaris 2.6 server. Every thing seems OK when we load small tables. When we try to load a large table (about 800 Mbytes) we get:

segment violation error
bus error

We have 1200 Mbytes of tablespace and have the correct default tablespace settings.

We are not able to find these errors in the Oracle documentation and the books that we have consulted.

Please help, if we do not fix this the project can not go ahead and our head will roll!

Eric Indiogine and Brad Zaba
Parsons Engineering Science Received on Wed Jul 28 1999 - 20:32:07 CDT