Re: SQL Plus Problem

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 19:31:03 +0200

You need to have:

- a correct listener.ora, sqlnet.ora and tnsnames.ora on the server
- a copy of the latter two files on all your clients
- be capable of reaching the server, either by DNS or by the IP address (not
recommended)
The error message is showing you can't reach the host with the TCP/IP protocol.
If you never configured sqlnet, that is normal, because some default files are included in client installation.
There is a net8 manager in the standard kit to configure sqlnet. If you have additional queries, please post again and the group will help you out.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA