Re: Performance difference between EXEC SQL and Stored Procedures

From: David Sisk <davesisk_at_ipass.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 21:19:17 -0400

Hi:

Stored procedures will typically give better performance if they can be used in such a way that network round-trips are significantly reduced. You may or may not be able to accomplish the same thing with Pro*C, though.

Good luck!

--
David C. Sisk
Need tech info on Oracle? Visit The Unofficial ORACLE on NT site at http://www.ipass.net/~davesisk/oont.htm Like original music? Listen to song samples and buy a CD at http://www.mp3.com/disparityofcult