Performance difference between EXEC SQL and Stored Procedures

From: <achd_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 07:22:44 GMT

Hello,

Can anyone advisme me if it is usefull to start using Stored Procedures instead of the normal EXEC SQL statements we are now using. Our product is written in C/C++ and runs on HP-UX/AIX etc. We use a 8.0.4 Oracle database. Would there be a big difference in performance? What are the general advantages of Stored Procedures?

Regards,

Douwe

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jul 27 1999 - 02:22:44 CDT