ora-12560 protocol adaptor error

From: john cho <cho5_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 13:59:55 GMT

I am looking for people having problems installing Oracle 8.1.5 into NT server and establishing connection between clients and the Ora server. I am using hostname and local name method for net8. When I configured the tnsname.ora and sqlnet.ora files on the server, it worked fine. Of course. the server is the local machine. But, when I tried to establish the connection using the same layout of those two files at the client side, I have been getting ORA-12560 Protocol Adaptor Error. I did check host name and service name. Everything looks O.K.

Anybody had the same problem as I am having now. Anybody fill me with good ideas to pass this hump would be very appreciative. Received on Sat Jul 24 1999 - 08:59:55 CDT