Re: DBMS SQL Package

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 15:54:31 -0700

Nandakumar

There are two issues here. What are the packages that have been loaded, and what are the packages you have access to. For the first, use "SELECT object_name FROM dba_objects WHERE object_type = 'PACKAGE'. For the second, try a select on all_tab_privs_recd (haven't tried this myself, but maybe something like SELECT table_name FROM all_tab_privs_recd WHERE privilege = 'EXECUTE'; will work).

HTH. Pete

Nandakumar wrote:

> Hi
>
> I understand that to use Dynamic queries using PL*SQL, we need to have
> DBMS_SQL package installed. But how do i know from within Oracle what
> packages are currently available for use.
>
> thanks
> --
> Nandakumar
> Systems Analyst