Re: DBMS SQL Package

From: Nandakumar <nanban_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 16:13:25 GMT

Thanks Pete.
It worked. The fact is we have Oracle 8 installed without OBJECTS and PARTITIONING options enabled.
--

In article <3797A126.C7BE66E8_at_us.oracle.com>,   Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com> wrote:
> --------------350084D58BCB3F81FF61C358
>
> Nandakumar
>
> There are two issues here. What are the packages that have been
loaded,
> and what are the packages you have access to. For the first, use
"SELECT
> object_name FROM dba_objects WHERE object_type = 'PACKAGE'. For the
> second, try a select on all_tab_privs_recd (haven't tried this myself,
but
> maybe something like SELECT table_name FROM all_tab_privs_recd WHERE
> privilege = 'EXECUTE'; will work).
>
> HTH.
>
> Pete
>
> Nandakumar wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I understand that to use Dynamic queries using PL*SQL, we need to
have
> > DBMS_SQL package installed. But how do i know from within Oracle
what
> > packages are currently available for use.
> >
> > thanks
> > --
> > Nandakumar
> > Systems Analyst
> > New York
> > (N.Kumar_at_rocketmail.com)
> > eCode: NandakumarM

> --
> Regards
>
> Pete
>
> --------------350084D58BCB3F81FF61C358
>
> begin:vcard
> n:Sharman;Peter
> tel;cell:+1.650.868.9969
> tel;fax:+1.650.633.1669
> tel;work:+1.650.607.0109
> x-mozilla-html:FALSE
> url:http://www.oracle.com
> org:Oracle University, Consulting and Vertical Education;Oracle
Corporation
> adr:;;500 Oracle Parkway M/S OPL-B1024;Redwood
Shores;California;94065;USA
> version:2.1
> email;internet:psharman_at_us.oracle.com
> title:Project Manager
> note;quoted-printable:=0D=0A=0D=0A **** The statements and opinions
expressed here are my **** =0D=0A **** own and do not necessarily

represent those of          **** =0D=0A **** Oracle Corporation.
=20      ****=0D=0A=0D=0A"Controlling application developers is like
herding cats." =0D=0AKevin Loney, ORACLE DBA Handbook =0D=0A=0D=0A"Oh no it's not! It's much harder than that!" =0D=0ABruce Pihlamae, long term ORACLE DBA
> x-mozilla-cpt:;9200
> fn:Pete Sharman
> end:vcard
>
> --------------350084D58BCB3F81FF61C358--

--
Nandakumar
Systems Analyst
New York
(N.Kumar_at_rocketmail.com)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jul 28 1999 - 11:13:25 CDT