Re: Multiple instance question

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 20:52:56 GMT

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 16:56:03 -0700, s <ks_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>Then, each database would have separate disks assigned separately for
>their particular datafiles.

I've found that it helps a lot to keep two databases off the same disk. We have two Unix boxes with a shared disk array. Sometimes we move the disks for one database from one box to the other. Sharing disks between databases would eliminate our ability to do that.

Not sure about your multiple oracle_home question. Your DBA may have his reasons for that. I try to minimize the number of homes.

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are Received on Thu Jul 22 1999 - 15:52:56 CDT