Long Raw and Database Link

From: Bostjan Stupica <bostjan.stupica_at_ixtlan.si>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 09:04:45 +0200

Hoj!

Need advice ... I want to transfer data from Site A table which has LONG RAW column to other instance Site B with the same table with LONG RAW column. I have database link working. Both instances are Oracle v7.3.4.

I get the following error:
---

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-02055: distributed update operation failed; rollback required ORA-20001: INSERT_DOC: Pri insertiranju dokumenta je podan ID. Ta opcija še ni omogočena!

ORA-06512: at "DPS.DOCUMENT_02", line 98
ORA-06512: at "DPS.DOK_PAK_01", line 45
ORA-06512: at "DPS.PRENOS", line 323
ORA-06512: at line 5

---

I know that Oracle v7 has some restrictions by transfering LONG or LONG RAW columns through database links. So any ideas or links?

Thank you

Boštjan Received on Thu Jul 22 1999 - 02:04:45 CDT