Re: EJB --- Lookup problem

From: <jeff_dodgen_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 13:43:02 GMT

In article <378A9F42.8DB54E84_at_hotmail.com>,   Moon Lee <moonyulee_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I try to run the demo of HelloWorld ( at
> http://www.oracle.com/java/documentation/corba/html/appejbe1.htm). I
> have problem to lookup the home object! And exceptions are thrown. I
> have copied all the code and deployed to Oracle 8i. Then I run the
> client!
> Please give me any comment on this!
> Thanks!
>
> Moon

Moon, Exactly what message do you get. When I first started I got an exception when doing JNDI lookup. The problem was that I did not include the Generated1.jar and Source1.jar in a library for my project. Once I did it fixed the problem.

Jeff

BTW Now I'm having trouble having my EJBean do file IO to NT file System or other DB access I get the following: Calling MyEJB methods...
Caught RuntimeException in remote method; nested exception is:   java.lang.SecurityException:null
Remote Stack Trace:
java.lang.SecurityException
  at
oracle.aurora.rdbms.SecurityManagerImpl.checkRole(SecurityManagerImpl.ja va)
  at
oracle.aurora.rdbms.SecurityManagerImpl.checkConnect(SecurityManagerImpl .java)

  at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(InetAddress.java)
  at java.net.InetAddress.getByName(InetAddress.java)
  at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java)
which looks like there is some Security Manager setting I need to make?

Please help if you can.

Jeff

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jul 21 1999 - 08:43:02 CDT