striping , raid 5 and oracle tablespaces.

From: Jean-Marc Pouchoulon <jean-marc.pouchoulon_at_crit.univ-montp2.fr>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 10:51:16 +0200

I try to improve perf for oracle on an AIX 421 system, oracle 734 I saw in the archives that raid 5 is adapted for oracle only for 10-20 users and for tablespaces that read access is considerable. We are on the edge of this defintion ( more users (30) , and index tablespaces access is 60 % for read et 40 % for write, the other tablespaces are read access for 80 % ).
Can I have your feedback on that ?
On the other hand, people recommand me to put tablespaces on separate disks ( one for index, the other for data ...) rather then striped the tablespaces on x disks. Any comment ?

Thanks in advance. Received on Wed Jul 21 1999 - 03:51:16 CDT