Re: Reorganisation Tool for Oracle

From: David Sisk <davesisk_at_ipass.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 22:34:24 -0400

Hi:

There's a tool on my site (below) that will generate a script to rebuild indexes. (Follow the links for downloads-> rebuild indexes.) Although there are many that will disagree, I question the need to reorg tables. (See the article on storage management by following the links to Performance->storage.)

I also agree with the previous post that Quest Software has about the best tools that I've found. (www.quests.com)

Regards,

--
David C. Sisk