Tinkering with registry entry ORACLE_PRIORITY

From: W.Korhorn <w.korhorn_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 16:38:09 +0200

Hi,

As I was looking for ways to increase performance of Oracle on dedicated NT servers, I found several contradicting stories on this registry-entry. One is saying to leave it alone (1995 Oracle info), another to go ahead and set CLASS to HIGH and DEF to 7 (Compaq whitepaper on Oracle 7 and tuning).
My questions are: which one is true(er) and what use is it (not) to tinker with these entries. I am also interested in other general NT/Oracle tuning tips.

Wim Korhorn
Consultant DBA Received on Tue Jul 20 1999 - 09:38:09 CDT