Re: Snapshot !! Desperate!!

From: Chuck Wessel <wessel_at_yuck.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 14:06:51 -0500

You may already realize this, but Oracle7 uses "rowid" snapshots, whereas Oracle8 allows "primary key" snapshots. However, I wonder if this makes any difference when doing a full delete on the master table? I guess if you are saying that it (fast refresh) works sometimes under these circumstances (even in Oracle7), I'll take your word for it. I have a hard time believing it though.

Chuck Wessel