Re: Oracle 8 on Netware! HELP! Documentation SUCKS!

From: Robert Jolliffe <rjolliffe_at_lycosmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 17:27:07 GMT

Thanks for the response Wozi,

I tried the set instance command as you specified below and it returned the following error:

  PRA-064000 NETCMN: No default host string specified.

I also used easycfg to create an Alias and found that I can:

  SET INSTANCE aliasName

Successfully, but when I try and do a CONNECT INTERNAL it askes me for a password. When I created the instance it did not ask me for a password - so what am I to do? I've tried all the stand by's (ORACLE, MANAGER, CHANGE_ON_INSTALL etc...). This Instance does not contain a database. I "created" the instance in easycfg - is that the correct place?

Thanks

-Rob