Re: ORA-12223

From: Just Visting <guest_at_example.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 17:10:43 GMT

Thanks for trying but PROCESS=100 & there were only 12 - 18 sessions in the database at the time. This system & Oracle have been running fat, dumb & happy for many months without any recent configuration change. I swear that in the past this system has had many more sessions than when the errors occurred.

12223, 00000, "TNS:internal limit restriction exceeded" // *Cause: Too many TNS connections open simultaneously. // *Action: Wait for connections to close and re-try.

WHAT/WHICH internal limit restriction was exceeded?