Re: ORA-12223

From: Yass Khogaly <ykhogaly_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 09:55:24 -0700

Solution Description:

Check the processes parameter in the init<sid>.ora file. Processes should be
set to the number of background processes plus one for each connection to the
database.

If the init<sid>.ora processes parameter seems fine, it might be necessary to
increase the Unix kernel parameters for the maximum number of processes or users.

The problem is sometimes fixed by setting TWO_TASK=p:

Check the manual for the Unix operating system that you are using for the correct parameters. Care should be taken when modifying these parameters. Save a copy of the original file version before making changes.

Solution Explanation:

An ORA-12223 can be a result of too many files or sockets opened simultaneously (or some other resource that has been depleted).

Regards

"The Views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of Oracle Corporation"