Re: Parallel Query Sync Wait

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 09:39:06 +0100

Can't really give you any better source to v$ views than the reference manual combined with a lot of experiments that are specific to your version of Oracle - (but my experience is for hire, of course ;).

When you look at the other slaves, p2raw will be 1001FFFF (or 1000FFFF perhaps on your version) for slaves expecting a response from the QC.

Check for trace files (in the background dump dest) for a failed slave.

You may find an upgrade to 7.3.3.5 from 7.3.3.4 helps - it certainly fixed a lot of problems I was seeing at one site.

(Did you mean 7.3.4 when you said 7.4 ? I didn't think there was going to be a 7.4 - If it is 7.3.4, then you need 7.3.4.3 as I recall there being a couple of other bugs that weren't fixed until then).

--

Jonathan Lewis