startup pfile and connect internal problem

From: byunghee shin <sicaso_at_ditco.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 16:55:02 +0900

hi all !
today, I upgrade oracle from 7.3.2. to 7.3.4 on NetWare4.11, on the base of Oracel manual for netware, I upgrade oracle. everything is OK but two problem.

the first,

We usually connect internal command like below svrmgr> connect internal

but my problem happen right after I press enter key. oracle ask me passwd. when I use oracel 7.3.2 version, I just type connect internal command.
oracle never ask for password before.
what should I check out for this problem ?

the Second

After upgrade oracle( same version above), I should specify databasse pfile like below,

svrmgr>startup pfile=%oracle_home%\database\initorcl.ora

if I omit exact pfile path, oracle return error message I never specified ini[SID].ora file before I upgrade oracle I guess that I missed some things when I upgade...

I'm not expert in oracle.
please help ! Received on Sat Jul 17 1999 - 02:55:02 CDT