Re: startup pfile and connect internal problem

From: Ben F Oliver <olicon1_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 07:21:43 GMT

In article <379036D6.16B4CD9C_at_ditco.com>,

        byunghee shin <sicaso_at_ditco.com> wrote:

>hi all !
>today, I upgrade oracle from 7.3.2. to 7.3.4 on NetWare4.11,
>on the base of Oracel manual for netware, I upgrade oracle.
>everything is OK but two problem.
>
>----------------
>the first,
>-----------------
>We usually connect internal command like below
>svrmgr> connect internal
>
>but my problem happen right after I press enter key.
>oracle ask me passwd. when I use oracel 7.3.2 version, I just type
>connect internal command.
>oracle never ask for password before.
>what should I check out for this problem ?
>

>-------------
>the Second
>--------------
>
>After upgrade oracle( same version above), I should specify databasse
>pfile like below,
>
>svrmgr>startup pfile=%oracle_home%\database\initorcl.ora
>
>if I omit exact pfile path, oracle return error message
>I never specified ini[SID].ora file before I upgrade oracle
>I guess that I missed some things when I upgade...
>
>I'm not expert in oracle.
>please help !

 1.) Appears like your login group of DBA is no longer assigned to your login ID. Normally,

     all Oracle requires from connect internal is that the uid belong to the DBA group.
     There are however, ways to force a password on the connect internal but I cannot
     presently recall how.

 2.) To be able to startup without pfile you require two elements to be present.
	a) You must have an init${ORACLE_SID}.ora file in the $ORACLE_HOME/dbs directory.
      b) The environment variable ORACLE_SID must be set to the database SID.

Check these and if that doesn't fix the problem, re-post results. Received on Mon Jul 19 1999 - 02:21:43 CDT