Re: Can't connect to Oracle7 DB from 8i client

From: <djuly_at_casema.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 19:47:02 GMT

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999 23:03:15 +0800, Joe <joetin_at_netvigator.com> wrote: The oracle 8 uses NET8 and the oracle 7 uses sqlnet as the connection and transport protocol.
That means that there are two directory in the oracle home of the client. network/admin and net8/admin.
In the network/admin there is a file called tnsnames.ora, where the connect string is defined. Try to copy it to the network/admin directory or change the sample tnsnames.ora with the setting in the oracle8 tnsnames.ora
Paul