Passing a URL parameter to the PL/SQL cartridge

From: <lofftjm_at_itec.suny.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 14:57:56 GMT

I have a PL/SQL procedure that I am using to produce dynamic web pages that I want to pass a URL to as a parameter in order to do a meta-tag refresh.

Example:

http://appserver.doamin.com/dad/plsql/myproc?myurl=http://www.param_url. com

When I try this, I receive the following error from the webserver:

  "The request did not specify a valid virtual host."

I have tried passing the parameter with both single and double quotes arround the URL. I receive the same results.

If I leave of the "http://" portion of the URL parameter the parameter will be accepted, however this doesn't solve my problem as then the refresh ends up trying to refresh to:
http://appserver.domain.com/dad/plsql/www.param_url.com

For obvious reasons this is the wrong URL to refresh to. I have temporarily solved this problem by hard-coding the "http://" portion of the URL into my PL/SQL code and then appending it to the URL parameter. This will not work in the case of "ftp://" or "news:" URL's.

What doesn't the webserver allow me to pass the string "http://" as part of a parameter?

Joe Lofft
State University of New York
lofftjm_at_itec.suny.edu

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jul 15 1999 - 09:57:56 CDT