Re: problem with utl_f***.put :-((

From: <juhu2_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 12:02:49 GMT

Hi Robert,

I can say for sure that the program is correct. Putting exactly 1473 Bytes via put and fflushing it is ok. Putting Byte 1474 is also ok, but eg. a following fflush raises write_error. It smells like a ORACLE bug.

--
Ciao, Peter

In article <19990714190152.29466.00000313_at_ng-cn1.aol.com>,   dbaoracle_at_aol.com (DBAOracle) wrote:
> From the Oracle Docs I have:

> PUT
> PUT writes the text string stored in the buffer parameter to the open
file
> identified by the file handle. The file must be open for write
operations. No
> line terminator is appended by PUT; use NEW_LINE to terminate the line
or use
> PUT_LINE to write a complete line with a line terminator.
>
> So I would say that there should not be a CR/LF in
> the output... perhaps you are not properly stipping it
> out (I have not tested your code)... you might try the putf statement
and see
> if it works.
>
> Robert

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jul 15 1999 - 07:02:49 CDT