Re: problem with utl_f***.put :-((

From: DBAOracle <dbaoracle_at_aol.com>
Date: 14 Jul 1999 23:01:52 GMT

From the Oracle Docs I have:

PUT
PUT writes the text string stored in the buffer parameter to the open file identified by the file handle. The file must be open for write operations. No line terminator is appended by PUT; use NEW_LINE to terminate the line or use PUT_LINE to write a complete line with a line terminator.

So I would say that there should not be a CR/LF in the output... perhaps you are not properly stipping it out (I have not tested your code)... you might try the putf statement and see if it works.

Robert Received on Wed Jul 14 1999 - 18:01:52 CDT