RE: UTIL_FILE.READ_ERROR

From: John Geiger <jgeiger_at_rhs.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 15:15:12 GMT

We have been using Oracles UTL.FILE package extensively to load flat files into an Oracle table. UTL.FILE is raising a read_errro exception on a particular record type with in the flat file. The size of the record is within the 192 bytes we have defined as the buffer size, there do not appear to be any hidden escape sequences in the record. If I remove this particulare record type from the input file , UTL.FILE processes the file fine.
I'm out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated. Received on Mon Jul 12 1999 - 10:15:12 CDT