Re: ORA-901 Error creating BITMAP INDEX

From: Jantah <jantah_at_big.hand.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 20:13:13 GMT

On Wed, 7 Jul 1999 09:13:18 +0200, "Fabio VITALE" <mc3356_at_mclink.it> wrote:

>Plese help.
>I am not able to create a bitmap index on ana existing table from the
>following statement:
>
>CREATE BITMAP INDEX USER.EMPLOYEE_BMP
> ON USER.EMPLOYEE
> (SEX)
> TABLESPACE USER_DATA
>
>I've Personal Oracle 7.3.3.0.0
>
>The error returned by ORACLE is ORA-901 Invalid create command.
>
>My documentation says that the COMPATIBLE parameter in INIT.ORA must be set
>to 7.3.3 at minimum to use the CREATE BITMAP INDEX command. I've checked mi
>INIT.ORA and the V$PARAMETER view and the COMPATIBLE is set to 7.3.3.
>
>Please help!

I ran into the exact same problem today, on Oracle 7.3.3 on Solaris. I was able to create the index after installing the Parallel query option. I don't know about Personal Oracle though.

HTH --
Jan
jantah_at_big.hand.com
(replace big.hand with bigfoot to email Jan) Received on Thu Jul 08 1999 - 15:13:13 CDT