ORA-901 Error creating BITMAP INDEX

From: Fabio VITALE <mc3356_at_mclink.it>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 09:13:18 +0200

Plese help.
I am not able to create a bitmap index on ana existing table from the following statement:

CREATE BITMAP INDEX USER.EMPLOYEE_BMP
 ON USER.EMPLOYEE
 (SEX)
 TABLESPACE USER_DATA I've Personal Oracle 7.3.3.0.0

The error returned by ORACLE is ORA-901 Invalid create command.

My documentation says that the COMPATIBLE parameter in INIT.ORA must be set to 7.3.3 at minimum to use the CREATE BITMAP INDEX command. I've checked mi INIT.ORA and the V$PARAMETER view and the COMPATIBLE is set to 7.3.3.

Please help! Received on Wed Jul 07 1999 - 02:13:18 CDT