Sybase to Oracle

From: <lanceg_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 02:13:13 GMT

Simple, yet I'm puzzled. After hours of research I'm stumped.

What is the deal with Oracle and its definition of a database? Is it an instance, the server itself, a datasource? Can you have more than one db on a single Oracle server?

Below is how sybase has its architecture, can some one tranlate it to Oracle? Or point me to the right direction.

Basic SYBASE ARCHITECTURE

  1. A single Sybase Server (11.5)
    --- a. first db (ACC_DB)
    • b. second db (Survey_DB)
    • c. third db (Symposium_DB) --------- c.1 Tables belonging to third db --------- c.2 Storred Procs belonging to third db --------- c.3 Rest of the objects......to third db
    • d. forth db (Inventory_DB)
      • c.3 other objetcs

All the dbs are up and running concurrently.

Thanks in advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jul 07 1999 - 21:13:13 CDT