function to_number_or_null

From: Richard Sullivan <richard.sullivan_at_wiesbaden.netsurf.de>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 19:30:50 GMT

Hi,

i needed a function which I could call from the SQL*Loader which would

automatically set any numbers it couldn't interpret to NULL.

I wanted to catch the exception thrown by an invalid number and return NULL.

To test it I tried returning obviously false numbers but each time I get NULL returned no matter what input i provide.

Anyone know why ?