Re: Monitoring Uptime

From: tmgn <tmgn_at_excite.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 14:02:42 -0400

You have different options
1. Oracle Enterprise Manager can capture the NOde Up/down events and send mails, Pages immediately . Oracle Intelligent Agent should be running on the node hosting the Database.
2.You can Setup Oracle's Master Agent along with the Native Snmp agent/third party Agent like Sysedge from Empire and send SNMP traps to Monitoring tool like HP openview etc which will send pages/Email/Alerts etc

3. Have the Database Connect Script( of yours) run every second thereby reducing the Latency time.

and more ...

-Thiru