fetching across cursors

From: Doug Cowles <dcowles_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 23:37:19 -0400

I know we've been through this topic recently but I think this is an easy one.
Following code - just an opern cursor deleting it's own rows and comitting,
works on Oracle 8.0.5 and gives a Fetch Out of Sequence on 7.3.3. Does that make sense?
Does Oracle 8 allow this type of thing? And, is it against ANSI standard?

create table xyz (a NUMBER, b NUMBER)
alter table xyz add constraint tyz primary key (a);
(insert a handful of values)

begin
declare
cursor c0 as select * from xyz
begin
for v in c0

    delete from xyz where a = v.a;
    commit;
end loop;
end;

Fetch out of sequence on 7.3.3 - Procedure complete on Oracle 8.0.5
(Things may be syntactically off a little bit, but you get the general
idea) Received on Fri Jul 02 1999 - 22:37:19 CDT