Re: Session Statistics

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 05:17:48 +0100

Using v$sysstat as you suggest is probably the best. Might want to add 'user commit' and ' user rollbacks'

The in-memory sequence cache is v$_sequence, and this shows the next value that will be assigned on a call to NEXTVAL - so you could look at the change in the audses$ sequence (I think it is), but this is not all that safe because sequence numbers can be lost by flushing.

--

Jonathan Lewis

fumi wrote in message <7ljoh4$l8g$2_at_news.seed.net.tw>...

>Brian Peasland <peasland_at_email.msn.com> wrote in message
>> Can anyone tell me how to get statistics such as the number of
transactions
>> or number of sessions that the Oracle RDBMS has processed since it was
>> started? I need to try and automate some sort of statistics gathering
>> process. Is there a v$ table I can query that will give me this
information?
>> How about a sequence that I can check the CURVAL for?
>

>To find out the number of transactions:
>
> select value from v$sysstat where name='user commits'
>
>To find out the number of sessions:
>
> select value from v$sysstat where name='logons cumulative'
>
>IMHO, there is no way to know the accurate current value of a sequence,
>since the real current value is cached in memory.
>When you reference the sequence and there is no cached values in memory,
>Oracle adds the sequence by the number of CACHE_SIZE, and puts the cache
values in memory.
>You just can query the STORED last value in the table SYS.SEQ$ (or
DBA_SEQUENCES). Received on Fri Jul 02 1999 - 23:17:48 CDT