help! import problem!

From: cantoneseboy <cantoneseboy_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 22:41:07 +0800

Hi

    I have a import problem , here is the error:

. . importing table "DHOLIDAY" 69 rows
imported
. . importing table "DHOST_DATA" 1 rows
imported
. . importing table "DIGITAL"

IMP-00020: long column too large for column buffer size (8) IMP-00028: partial import of previous table rolled back: 76846 rows rolled back
IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 942:  "ANALYZE TABLE "TEMP_MSG" ESTIMATE STATISTICS " IMP-00003: ORACLE error 942 encountered ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
. . importing table "TEMP_REFERENCE" 35578 rows
imported
. . importing table "TEMP_TASK_LOG" 9 rows
imported

Every day our system (A) will do a full export and we use this export data file to import
to system (B) once a week. I can use full import OR user mode import to load
the data back on last week But I don't know what's going on with the export file
these days.
I can't load it by full import OR user mode OR just even import the "DIGITAL"
table only. I have asked oracle, and they said I should increase the size of the
import parameter "Buffer".

Here is the command I use to do the import

    imp system full=y file=full_export.dat log=ful_import.log commit=y ignore=y

    buffer=65535

I had tried to increase the buffer to 6553500 or 65535000 but nothing can help.
It's strange that the import skip all the tables from "Digital " to the table name
start will "T". Why it don't import those tables even the table digital is failed?

Our oracle is 7.4.3.4 on AIX4.2

Can someone help me?

Wayne

(The table digital seem does not contain raw data.) Received on Thu Jul 01 1999 - 09:41:07 CDT