Error Creating Oracle8 DB (SGA memory location) ?

From: Stan Novinsky <stan_novinsky_at_jhuapl.edu>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 07:12:14 -0400

A previous posting by Michael Horwitz had a similar problem and he had to add the following line to the init.ora file:

    shared_memory_address = 134209536

He stated that it was a kind of 'global' fix to all such problems on a DEC computers but had no
idea where the figure of 13409536 came from.

Does anyone know where or how the number is derived from ?

Anyway,

I am attempting to increase our SGA to 1.5 GB on our Digital UNIX 4.0e system

When I issue the initial startup I receive the following:

       connect internal
       startup pfile=$D_ORA_DB/pfile/initd_0.ora nomount

       Internal AIO consistency error:  Cannot initialize aio library.
       Error 35: (null)
      Aborting...

This causes a trace file to be printed and a CORE dump to be produced. The CORE dump does not reveal much. I sent the dump information to Oracle support but they did not find anything. Then I sent them the information I
found about the SGA memeory loacation and they hinted that it may be the prolem.

The following is our
configuration:

Our AS 8400 is configured with:

              5/625 Dual Processor