Re: Error Creating Oracle8 DB (SGA memory location) ?

From: <rcordingley_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 15:16:12 GMT

I'm not sure it's universal, but on Solaris there is a program called "shmat_check" in the $ORACLE_HOME/orainst directory. If you run that, it will tell you if it can snag shared memory or not and what base address it achieves for said memory. That may be how you find the right number. It's what I used when I installed Oracle8 on a Sparc2 (I know, what a pathetic combination).

Robert

In article <377B4D0E.93F2750B_at_jhuapl.edu>,   stan_novinsky_at_jhuapl.edu wrote:
> A previous posting by Michael Horwitz had a similar problem and he
> had to add the following line to the init.ora file:
>
> shared_memory_address = 134209536
>
> He stated that it was a kind of 'global' fix to all such problems on a
> DEC computers but had no
> idea where the figure of 13409536 came from.
>
> Does anyone know where or how the number is derived from ?
>
> Anyway,
>
> I am attempting to increase our SGA to 1.5 GB on our Digital UNIX 4.0e
> system
>
> When I issue the initial startup I receive the following:
>
> connect internal
> startup pfile=$D_ORA_DB/pfile/initd_0.ora nomount
>
> Internal AIO consistency error: Cannot initialize aio library.
> Error 35: (null)
> Aborting...
>
> This causes a trace file to be printed and a CORE dump to be produced.
> The CORE dump does not reveal much. I sent the dump information to
> Oracle support but they did not find anything. Then I sent them the
> information I
> found about the SGA memeory loacation and they hinted that it may be
the
> prolem.
>
> The following is our
> configuration:
>
> Our AS 8400 is configured with:
> 5/625 Dual Processor
> Digital UNIX v4.0e
> 3.5 GB of Memory
> (18) 9.1 GB Disks (RAID 7000)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jul 06 1999 - 10:16:12 CDT