Re: Dynamic sql (built on the fly)

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 19:21:06 +0100

I'll have to check out my archives for examples. I don't think I ever did an open-ended PL/SQL parser of this type, although I think I have a Pro*C one. Give me a few days.

dbms_sql should be installed: it goes in under catproc.sql during standard database creation, but you may not have execute privilege on it.

To check existence - connect as SYS and do

    column object_name format a30
    select object_type, object_name, status     from dba_objects
    where object_type like 'PACKAGE%'
    ;

--

Jonathan Lewis