Oracle Gateway for DB2/400

From: <bernard_lambert_at_ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 18:52:55 -0400

Hello everyone,

We are currently planning to buy Oracle Gateway for DB2/400. We want to exchange data between a DB2/400 database running on OS 400 4.4 and an Oracle 7.3.4.2 database running on HP/UX 10.20. Since we want to avoid using "ODBC" type of products that would require an extra NT box in the middle, the Oracle Gateway seems to be the only serious candidate.

I did a little bit of search on the net and the performance seems to surface as the major issue but there are some workarounds.

Is there anyone out there that has experience with the product? Any possible pitfalls or roadblocks? How robust the product really is? Does the product require a lot of maintenance at the AS/400 and at the Oracle level? Are there any conditions under which you would not recommend the use of Oracle gateway?

Thanks,

Bernard Lambert
DBA Received on Mon Jun 28 1999 - 17:52:55 CDT