Re: Problem creating a new database instance in Digital Unix

From: michael horwitz <bigm_at_global.co.za>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 23:47:58 +0200

Hi all,

Thanks for all your responses - it was a shared memory fault, but not one related to size. Apparently the '22' in the second error returned is an indication ('14' would be returned if it was a size problem). Anyway, after much kernel reconfiguring we finaly managed to obtain the answer, which turned out to be anoyingly simple. We just had to add the following line to the init.ora file:

    shared_memory_address = 134209536

Apparently this is a kind of 'global' fix to all such problems on a DEC (I have no idea where the figure of 13409536 comes from). Whatever the story, it all worked very nicely.

Hope this might help someone else out!

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Michael Horwitz.

P.S. Changes to the listener.ora? Not quite sure what you mean.......

Kekko wrote in message <377203FA.355F3474_at_adr.it>...
>Sure it's a shared memory problem: you must change SHMMAX and other
parameters
>in kernel configuration and than rebuild it.
>Remember that the two SGA have to be smaller than the max shared memory of
the
>system.
>Please I have a question:
>I want to know which changes you made in listener.ora.
>Thnaks
>Kekko

<SNIP> Received on Mon Jun 28 1999 - 16:47:58 CDT