Migrating from 7.3.2 to Oracle8 (partitions)

From: Prasanth Duvvur <pduvvur_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 16:46:18 -0500

Hi all,

  1. I have an option of choosing 8.0.5 or 8i for an AIX based system. I would like your opinions on which of these is more stable for now?
  2. I will be implementing partitioning. Will it be better
    (quicker/easier) to:
    i). migrate from 7.3.2 to Oracle8, then move the existing data (approx 4 gigs) into partitions. OR ii). extract the data from 7.3.2 database, install Oracle8, then load
    (using SQL*Loader) in data into the partitions, i.e., no migration.

Your comments will be appreciated,
Thanks. Received on Mon Jun 28 1999 - 16:46:18 CDT